Long ago, I went for some veda classes. This was conducted in the house of a lady. Frankly the veda class was not at all useful. The lady of the house served us a great aromatic tea. I attended few classes extra not to learn veda but to taste the tea. I learned a lot of home decor ideas and learnt this herbal tea recipe. This is one of my favourite teas.
- Boil the water.
- Switch off the fire and add the tea.
- Cover it and keep it on the counter for 40 sec.
- To the cup add the ginger and cinnamon (raw).
- Filter and pour the tea in the cup on top of ginger and cinnamon.
- The ginger and cinnamon will float and settle in the bottom and release nice aroma.
- Add sugar if reqd or serve the sugar separately for the guests to have as per their preference.
- If you prefer a very strong tea, can boil the ginger along with the water. But do not boil cinnamon.
- Instead of cinnamon can add tulsi leaves (teared with hands).
- I have used tea granular. If u prefer tea leaves then I recommend to use tea bags. As it will be easy to remove quickly. Tea leaves release the tea faster, but granules take some time. I we allow the tea leaves in the water for even 40 sec the tea will be bitter. The tea bag with tea leaves has to be dipped and removed quickly.
- But I prefer cinnamon.