During ancient times – the people understood and realised so many truths through there experiences. They were not well versed in writing. They made symbols – so that the next generation can understand. One such symbol is the above picture depicting the best happy family.
Elder son: Ganesha
Younger son: Kartikeya
Prima-facie it looks like an absurd picture,
- Will any girl marry a man who has snake around his neck?
- Look at this boy Ganesha – he has an elephant head, huge tummy and his vehicle is a mouse.
- See the contrast, snake and mouse, bull and lion (parvathi’s vehicle).
- We might wonder- is this a picture of an ideal family.
- The point is – in any family no two family members are similar. They are all talented and possess individual speciality. They should not be compared.
- Each family member should do their duty happily. They should not look at the other person and analyse.
- We should believe that each person is special in their own way and they know their job.
- The problem arises when a person is looking at the others, comparing and complaining.
- Father should be neither seen nor heard. That is the basis for the happy family.
- I t means the father should not interfere in the daily chores. It is the duty of the mother to handle the family. Even if the mother is complaining about the family issues, the father should be a person who should listen and react only when required.
- Shiva – the father is wearing tiger skin as his clothes. This symbolises that he has controlled his ego (Ahamkar). His eyes are closed always in meditation and he sees everything through his third eye. This means he is a clear decision maker and does not have any silly attachment towards any body.
- The elder son Ganesha is considered to be the boy of high intellect. If we have the intellect then, how we look? What we eat? Really doesn’t matter.
- He is big and his vehicle is small – why?
Answer 1: We should not pay attention to the small things. If we concentrate on every tiny thing it will lead us to big problems.
Answer 2: For any big problem the reason is always small. Say a world war happened – if we look at the reason it will be small and easy to solve. So don’t look at the big problem rather look at the tiny reason for the problem.
- Mother parvathi is a polite and artistic lady. When required – she also takes the face of kali and destroys the evil.
- Kartikeya is hyper active, smart looking boy. He has six heads showing that he is very alert.
- Even with no similarities between them, they led a very happy life.
The motto for a happy family is “Unity in diversity”.
Note: But unfortunately the low intellect people with the superstitious belief started praying them as GOD.