Milk is called as a Miracle food. Rishis who gave up everything lived only on milk as it is considered as the best food for purifying the body and mind.
- Milk is alkaline and is best for good digestion.
- If the digestion is proper the circulatory system works well.
- If the circulatory system is in place then the nervous system will be healthy.
- Milk is a great food as it readily gets converted into semen, which in turn produces new blood.
- Milk is best when had just after milking – still it is warm.
- Milk of the cow who has delivered a calf (after 21 days) is considered to be very good, full of medicinal value.
- Milk from a black cow is highly praised and considered as a nectar. It relieves gases, mucus, bile, depression, heart disease, kidney disorders, jaundice etc.
- Milk from brown cow, spotted cow or red cow cures excess bile.
- Because of these good qualities – milk was considered as a great food.
- In India, cow is treated as GOD.
- In ancient times every house had a cow for their family.
- It was the best vegetarian pet of every house.
- They will not buy milk from anybody who is not maintaining the cow well. Suppose if a lady sees her neighbours cow grassing in the roads, then she will not take her neighbours milk for days.
- Cow’s milk will be a medicine only when the cow is maintained well.
- Cow is brushed and cleaned well.
- Milk will have these medicinal properties only when the cow is mentally happy. No milking from the cow is done if the calf dies. If by chance this milk is consumed, it will create mucus, gas and bile.
- To keep the cow happy the lady of the house will decorate the cow and show arathi and touch the cow with lots of love.
- Only if the cow is relaxed the milking is smooth.
- As the cow is keeping the family members healthy by sharing its milk. The ladies used to fall on its feet and thank them for such a noble thing.
- Proper food and water was given – its hygiene and digestion was fully taken care off. Then the milk is healthy and tasty.
- Because of civilisation – we forgot to maintain the cow well, rather started to pasteurize the milk.
- Too much of pasteurization killed all the natural enzymes in the milk. So it is very hard to digest and creating all kinds of problems.
- The modern world is condemning the milk.
- Milk is a gift to the humanity and we need to learn how to maintain the cow.
- As per my Ayurvedic physician, a full cream milk (Full fat) is easily digestible than a fat free milk because of too much of processing.
- Fat accumulated can be burned easily with exercise but undigested food creates toxins, which are very hard to remove.
- Rather than condemning the milk lets create the awareness of maintaining the cow well.
- We mothers are also mammals. Our milk has got the same medicinal value. Only if we maintain the hygiene, eat healthy food, proper digestion and emotionally happy.
- Otherwise, the milk will be a hard food for the baby to digest.
- If it is not tasty – the baby will refuse to take.
- If the mother is not relaxed and happy – the milk flow is not smooth, making it difficult for the baby to suck.
- No hurry, we have all the time in the world to carry on with our work. Let’s feed the baby in a calm environment. The sharing of the love while feeding the baby is a divine experience. Enjoy it.