One day, My sons hindi tutor came home and I was making dinner. She told me that the smell is so good. I asked her – will you taste my subzi. I gave her a roti and cabbage subzi. She told me that she has never tasted such a tasty cabbage subzi and requested me to post the recipe.
This is for you Parul.
I love the flavour of cabbage. I also make it in the south Indian way. I like both the versions.
I think, I am writing in all my recipes – that this is my favourite. What to do? I like all well made subzis. I love and enjoy eating good food.
In those recipes, I used methi and the paste of masalas. In this, I am not using methi and I am going to add the masalas as powder. Only that is the difference all spices are the same.
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- cabbage – 1 medium size when chopped it will be 4 cups
- Always cut and wash cabbage. There is lot of pesticides which go inside the cabbage. So only for this recipe – I recommend cutting and washing.
- Add turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Add salt – 1 tsp
- Add 2 tbsp of water only. Cover and cook. open and keep stirring. If possible cook without adding water.
- Once it is well cooked add coriander powder – 1 tbsp, red chilli powder – 1 tsp, garam masala – 1/2 tsp.
- Mix well and allow it to stand for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.
- In the same way of the making cabbage. Make beans, Avarakkai (broad beans) and lobia or karamani (below picture).
Cooking is very simple. Only thing required is interest and love. You can add all the ingredients – but the food will be tasty only when we cook with love and interest.
My aim is to convey the point – cooking is simple. That is why I am giving comparison of similar making vegetables.