Moong Dhal (duli) – 100 gms – 1/2 cup.
Jaggery – 100 gms – 1/2 cup (1: 1 ratio)
Green Cardamom – 4 nos
Coconut – one hand full (grated)
Raw rice – 2 tsp (soak it for 2 hours)
Ghee for roasting cashewnuts or chopped coconuts or chopped dry coconut.
Dry coconut gives very nice flavour.
- Roast the dhal without oil till red colour.
- Add water and pressure cook.
- At the same time in another gas stove – allow the jaggery to boil and filter it.
- Grind – coconut, raw rice and cardomom.
- Mix the dhal, jaggery and the grounded mixture.
- Allow it to boil in a low flame.
- Add the seasoning.
- Payasam is ready.